Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

engine/drivetrain model

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneCJ7

Electrical
Feb 18, 2003
US
Does anyone have or know where I could find a basic model of a V8 engine and transmission? I am looking for just the external view so that I can use it to model the drivetrain for my rock crawler. Just hoping to save some time if someone else has already done this.

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Wayne
I do know that this question has been asked before on Comp.Cad.Something. I did a fast Google search in Comp.Cad for Powertrain and didn't come up with much.
This might still be the way for you to go if you use the right approach. You will not get a detailed model of an Engine / Powertrain that a company has spent 10,000 or more hour perfecting but you might get a model created for a presentation. Search for people who are in that industry and ask them specifically. I wouldn't ask in a forum, I would send them an email and state exactly what you’re looking for. Make it personal.

Lee

Thanks for the info, but I was able to find an engine and transmission that were out of a vehicle to get the dimensions off of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back