Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enthalpy-Temperature Tables for Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunster

Petroleum
Apr 7, 2015
US
Hi all,

I need to make an enthalpy-temperature plot for water. I originally thought this meant looking up enthalpy vs. temperature changes at specific constant pressures for water online but I couldn't find such tables.

I was wondering if anyone has any sources or databases that could provide such information, or if I happen to be going in the completely wrong direction and should be using steam tables instead. However, I don't see how using steam tables will allow me to get the relationship between enthalpy and temperature at constant pressures.

Thanks in advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

NIST Database is an excellent resource for component properties:

For liquid water, type H2O in the search box and tick "Condensed phase" under Thermodynamic Data. Then click the search button and you'll be taken to the main H2O page. You can then choose either "Condensed phase thermochemistry data" or "Fluid properties" link. After you define the range of T or P values you will obtain table or chart for the desired properties, i.e.:

Dejan IVANOVIC
Process Engineer, MSChE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back