Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPA SWMM MODEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GtrNtn88

Civil/Environmental
Aug 23, 2013
US
I am a Water Resources engineer in south Florida and I do not use SWMM at all but had some limited training in the past via PCSWMM. Like most engineering firms down here, we primarily use Streamline Technologies Advanced Interconnected Pond Routing program to do all of our modeling but would like to get more involved with SWMM for its graphical functions. My issue is that SWMM is built differently than ICPR (which is ok) so the data entry process and modeling approach is a little different and more intensive. However, I believe the engineering community can understand the SWMM engine better if typical south Florida applications are used. So my question is; has anyone ever put together SWMM models using the design guides (attached) from the permit manual of the South Florida Water Management District? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have done several jobs in SFWMD and SWFWMD using XP-SWMM, following the pertinent Basis of Review for ERPs in each district. I unfortunately don't have meaningful experience with ICPR. The XP-SWMM interface isn't exactly the same as EPA-SWMM though, so I don't know how much help I'll be. I only check the forums once a week or so, so if I don't get back to you feel free to send me an email.

Hydrology, Drainage Analysis, Flood Studies, and Complex Stormwater Litigation for Atlanta and the South East -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back