Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPAnet 2.0 and multiple demands

Status
Not open for further replies.

492hike

Civil/Environmental
Mar 13, 2018
CA
Hi, does anyone who is familiar with EPAnet 2.0 aware of any way to have an easy way to change demands from year to year without making multiple models?
I was looking at demand categories but I don't know if that would work.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Demand categories will do the the job, use the time pattern to adjust the demands in that category as your annual adjustment
eg set a base demand, make the demand category all the same on the demands you want to adjust, then use the time pattern as a multiplier, and consider each hour a new year. You may be able to change the default time from 1 hour to 1 year.

Hydrae

Thank you for the reply.
Is that the only way or could I have 4 categories that are my different years and I choose the category/year and all the demands will change to the corresponding category automatically?

Thank you

have 1 category and run the model for 4 'hours' each hour is the year
each demand can have only 1 category but nodes can have more than 1 demand.
as an example
at a node you can have a domestic, irrigation and fire demands each demand would have its own category each category has it on time pattern
the default time step is an hour so each hour can be considered a year.
or if you want increase the time step to 8760 hours and you got your 'yearly' adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back