Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Epanet Software(New user) base demand Vs actual demand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halifane

Civil/Environmental
Apr 17, 2017
GB
Hi,

I am new to Epanet so might be asking a silly question.

I ran a couple of simulations a few months ago and saved the results in an excel file. In these results, the base demand and the actual demands were equal. However, I tried to run the same model again and now I see that the actual demands are much less than the base semands. So I want to know what is the difference between the base demand and the actual demand? ( I dont think I tampered with the initial settings).

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you engaged a pattern?
A pattern multiply's the base demand by a factor to simulate the diurnal cycle of demand or other changes over time

Have you added an emitter? emitters are variable demands that depend upon the supply pressure, good for simulating leaks or sprinkler heads.

Hydrae

Hi hydrae,

I did engage a pattern earlier but I removed all the patterns from the nodes and changed the simulation duration to zero (I assume this is how to run a steady state?).

I have not added an emitter as far as i know.

Another question I have is: By standard, should the actual demand be equal to the base demand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back