Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Epanet-system disconnected error report 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dejan83

Civil/Environmental
Dec 9, 2010
Hello to everyone... I'm relatively new to Epanet modeling and have a problem... Probably, this question has been asked a hundred times before, but i hope i'm not bothering you...

After making the model and running hydraulics analysis, there is next error report:

-negative pressures at ----hrs
-negative pressures at ----hrs
Ok, that's what i do understand about model, and i corrected it by increasing pipe diameters, but this part of the report:

-negative pressures at 20:01:47 hrs.
-node---is disconnected at 20:01:47 hrs
-node---is disconnected at 20:01:47 hrs
-30 additional nodes are disconnected at 20:01:47 hrs
-system disconected because of link 1???

Ok... I read on the forum, maybe there was some closed link - but there was not... Also something like: there is no way to deliver asked demand to the node...
But how to solve the problem? (Probably, problem is the tank...??)

Between, link 1 is the pipe that connects tank and the 1st node on the network...

Thanks to everyone no matter what you write...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for answering... It seams reasonable... According to that, I just made the storage tank diameter increased, and the problem was gone.

I also hope that's a reasonable solution...?

Thanks...

Or add controls to engage more supply,
the goal is to simulate the real world, what does the system do when that tank level drops?

Hydrae

Ok... Then different pump setings I assume...
Also, I found there is no need to increase storage tank diameter - initial level only...

Like I siad, I'm relatively new to Epanet modeling, so, once more, I hope I'm not bothering you...

This is the final model... Thanks Hydrae...

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=95cca738-c25c-4c06-a004-6015d44e520f&file=strucni-dejan,_Jelicka_(2035.god).NET
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back