Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPROM programing and languages 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

comnean

Automotive
May 13, 2002
RO
Hy,
I'm interrest by PROM writting (for ECU utilisation). Any information can be helpfull.
Thanks and sorry for my poor english

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well, if you are ripping the old EEPROM out then you can use any programming language you like, since you'll only have compiled code on the chip. Frankly this sounds likely to be a complete waste of time, because it is so difficult to write code for a computer that has something like 60 I/O lines, many of which are timing dependent.

For what it's worth the code for our strategy chip is written in C++, and the calibration (the variables used to tune the car) are stored on a separate chip, so when we go into production we use EEPROMs for that one until we're happy that the cal is good.

If, on the other hand, you wanted to write a basic engine management system for a race car from scratch (ie with no emissions to worry about), it is a lot simpler since in theory you only need timing mark and air mass flow rate as inputs, and you could add a throttle position sensor, and air temperature and coolant temperature if you want.

Cheers

Greg Locock

Hy,
Thanks for reponses. Is not a case to prepare a race car. I'm a biginner in electronical tunning. At first I realise with a friend (electronist eng.)a module for a K-Jetronic tunning. I'm fascinated by this injection system because this are more adaptive (like a carburettor). I'm a automotive engineer (for my electronic things are strange)and I have experince on mechanical tunning. In case of our module my part was A/F maping and my friend was the designer of electronical part. The module was realised in clasical structure without EPROM but work great and have 4 trimming blocks (2xAmplitude,2x Offset)for A/F ratio.The module was mounted on a Golf II with 139 HP engine.
Sorry for my poor english.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back