Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Equilibrium flash calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAIFAR

Chemical
Nov 2, 2007
GB
DEAR CHEM.ENG

I have a sweet feed gas of the following components;
C1,C2,C3,IC4,nC5, CO2(0.0005mol%), N2 (0.0254mol%)and H2S(0.000004% MOL), feed into an absorber using a lean TEG of 98.7 wt % as a solvent.
Im struggling to calculate the F=L+V= 1 , i tried to use Coulson and Richardson's Vol.6, Gas conditioning and processing vol.2 (Campbell) and others.
I got K values (for all components except H2O and TEG) at 71 bar and 38C by interpolation from Campbell vol.1.

Would you please guide me to the absorber flash calculations????

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks roker, but currently I'm looking for hand calculations, and then I'm going to compare the figures I got with HYSYS.

any suggestions????

Back in school, 3rd year thermo, I did a L+V=1 calculation using Smith/Van Ness/Abbott and the Wilson method. I'm pretty sure you're trying to do the same kind of calculation. So you can do it. But it took ages to do for a simple three-component mixture when I was given the correct pressure to start at.

I still have an old Excel file which might help you navigate the SVNA text, if you buy that book. If you're interested I'll e-mail it. The procedure is far too complicated for me type out.

Maybe you can validate your results in a way that's faster than doing the hand-iteration method?

thanks allot roker and Amphoteric.

Amphoteric I appreciate if you can please send me that excel. sheet and I will have a go through.

why not use VP for K, it'll get you close. The problem is TEG and water have a polar relationship and you need emperical data to get a K value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back