Equivalent Full Load Operating Hours 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

javier83

Mechanical
Jul 9, 2007
US
Hi!

Does someone know where I can find Equivalent Full Load Cooling Operating Hours by city or state? Or how to calculate these hours given the cooling degree days?

Thank you all!

Javier

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

javier83
I never heard the term before and I always use a BIN analysis (there is a recent thread on this subject), however I found the following information on the web:

Annual equivalent full load cooling hours (AEFLCH) is the number of hours an air conditioner would run at full load to consume the same amount of electric energy that it consumes on average over the course of an entire year. AEFLCH can be estimated through the use of cooling degree day data. A discussion about estimating cooling loads using degree days can be found in the 1997 ASHRAE Handbook, Chapter 30, page 30.17. For information about ASHRAE publications, go to

EFLH is (was) used to very quickly calculate the annual energy consumption of an A/C device. Annual Energy Consumption (kWHr)= full load kW/Ton x Load (Tons) x EFLH

The proliferation of PC and software that can easily and quickly calculate a more accurate energy consumption have reduced reliance on EFLH.

I have seen the Table you are looking for in a couple of Value Engineering Handbooks and can email some info if remain interested. I also believe such a Table exists in the old Carrier handbooks.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back