Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error #53 file not found!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sannieboy14

Mechanical
Mar 15, 2009
NL
Dear Gents,

Currently I am working om a project concerning the stresses and deformations in the side shell of a large heavy lift vessel(of Jumbo). I have modelled the vessel by importing a 3d model from Autocad into Solid Edge and then redirecting it to Algor.

However I did not managed to get some results from the contact calculations, because I am getting a strange error message: 'Error #53 file not found'.
I had knitted the model and the mesh size seems to be fine, however in the analyzing stage it is still failing. There are no errors when I use bounded surfaces instead of contact surfaces, but this is not the result I want.

Can anybody help me with this one? Is it a bug in the program? Or is the model, which I imported from Autocad is causing the errors?

Thank you verry much for the help,

With regards,
Structural Engineer Jumbo
Sandjew Kalidien

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think this is an Algor Tech Support question. Without knowing what "File #53" represents, no telling which process it is tied to. Without that, can't tell if it is related to AutoCAD, SolidEdge, or the analysis.

Is your software current, are you running the latest version, what operating system are you using, and what type of analysis is it (nonlinear, MES, linear with contact, etc.)?

Garland E. Borowski, PE
Engineering Manager
Star Aviation

I am using v20.4 of Solid Edge and v23 of Algor. The operating system is windows XP.

The type of analysis is linear static with contact. However contact in bounded conditions is working, but using surface contact gives the '#53 file not found' problem. Do you think that the model that is imported from autocad is giving the problems?

Sounds like a software installation problem. Looks like, for some reason, the file containing the subroutine for surface contact didn't get installed properly.

If it is related to the CAD file, it may be the direction of the surface normal, but I haven't had to worry about that in a long time.

In AutoCAD, as you roll a solid model around on the screen, faces used to "disappear"...it was because you were looking at the back of the surface normal. You can dictate the surface normal in Algor, but I would be really surprised if this was the issue.

Other than this, you really need to contact Algor tech support at 800-4ALGOR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back