Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error after inputting plastic behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAA1993

Civil/Environmental
Mar 9, 2023
HK
Hi all, me again

When my model only has elastic behavior, everything is fine. While I tried to input plastic behavior as below, the job is aborted due to errors. [SI unit:N, mm]
20230323_property_vajjb5.png

I first run the model in "Static, General" mode, after job abortion, I run the model in "Static, riks" mode.

The error first said "too many attempts made for this increment". Then I tried to increase time incrementation no.
20230323_time_fphoji.png

Then the error said "Time increment required is less than the minimum specified", then I tried to adjust min value as below. But the error still said"Time increment required is less than the minimum specified" even I put on Nlgeon

20230323_time_adjustment_kudg0g.png

There are also other warning too
20230323_warning_agovt6.png

I tried different sections, but once I input plastic behavior, the job will be aborted. dont know what to do

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is that the beam from the previous thread ? I think that it will be best if you share the original file (without changes to the solver type and its settings). The Riks solver is meant for nonlinear buckling while convergence criteria modification is a last resort. For now, you should make sure that everything is properly defined, especially when it comes to BCs, load and plasticity data. Maybe there's something unrealistic within them.

Dear FEA way,

Thanks. I reviewed the plastic strain and if changed to 0.01 (original is 0.1 when stress at 480MPa), model did not abort under static general mode but still abort under static riks mode.

[FYI, since I does not have experiment result, I just get the plastic property from internet.]

Please find the attached model for your consideration.

If it runs with general static (also with Nlgeom - you should enable it) then I don't see a reason to use the Riks solver. Unless you want to perform a nonlinear buckling analysis but then it should be done in a different way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back