Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Error can't create new drawing sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdar79

Aerospace
Feb 8, 2012
US
I'm working on a model with several drawing sheets already created. Now when I attempt to create a new drawing sheet in the drafting module, it gives an error stating "A buffer was overwritten by the TEXT module" and does not work. If I erase all of my previous sheets, it works, but I don't want to lose those sheets. Does anyone know what this error means and is there anything I can do to make it work?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

when you receive this error, immediately go Help - NX logfile, - the error details ( if there are any) will be among the last lines of your logfile. ( the bottom of the file)
You can try read the lines "around" the error text to see if you can draw any conclusions about what goes wrong.
If you need help on this, :
Copy say "a page" of those last lines from the log and upload but do NOT upload the entire logfile since it also contains company specific details in the beginning ( the top) .

Regards,
Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

If your maintenance is up to date, log into the Siemens support site and search on the text of the error message. If you are very lucky, you might find a solution to your issue. If nothing else, it should give you an idea of how often the error has been reported.

www.nxjournaling.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back