Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error copying a body to another catpart (feature naming)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amatos

Industrial
Feb 18, 2004
US
I´m Trying to copy a body to another catpart file (using copy/paste funcionality), but it doesn´t work, I am receiving this message from a dialog box "Error pasting data- Copy Paste operation is impossible due to selection problems in master part or in master feature.The feature naming is incomplete. Recreate the master feature."

Where I can find the "feature naming" parameter?

thanks,

Angelo

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Angelo.... you should be able to copy&paste the part body. I'm not sure what the error message means, but try copy&paste-special and pick As Specified. That might avoid the naming problem.

Jack,

Thanks for your comment, the issue is located on the original catpart. When I open the file it shows me a dialog box "error naming data", and the file doesn´t open. but when I use the option to open the file File->New From, I can open the file, using this one I need to save the file with another name, but when a close this new file and try to open agan the problem happens again, this is the reason that I am trying to copy the bodies to another file.

Thanks,

Angelo,

Angelo,
Check whether the Original CATPart was extracted from proper access methods. Extracting from improper access methods can lead to such problem.
Yours Mechanically
SD

What Release and Service Pack are you on?
Try IBM's Tech. Support website. I've seen a PMR out for this issue.
In my case I had the problem in R12 SP04 but could not replicate the same problem in SP07.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back