Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error in Abaqus during peel test analysis of cohesive elements

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgraaman89

Mechanical
Mar 17, 2013
Hello All,

I am running a peel test analysis to determine the properties of cohesive elements. I have attached a file with the name "loads and BC" that shows the load applied and the BCs. I have given the interaction properties between the adherend (CNT) and adhesive (epoxy). I have given the material properties to the same. However, I get the following error message each time I run the analysis-

[highlight #CC0000]Solver problem. Zero pivot when processing D.O.F. 3 of 17 nodes. The nodes have been identified in node set WarnNodeSolvProbZeroPiv_3_1_1_1_1.
Solver problem. Zero pivot when processing D.O.F. 1 of 25 nodes. The nodes have been identified in node set WarnNodeSolvProbZeroPiv_1_1_1_1_1.
Solver problem. Zero pivot when processing D.O.F. 3 of 7 nodes. The nodes have been identified in node set WarnNodeSolvProbZeroPiv_3_1_1_1_1.
Displacement increment for contact is too big.
Excessive distortion at a total of 30 integration points in solid (continuum) elements
Excessive distortion at a total of 712 integration points in solid (continuum) elements
Excessive distortion at a total of 4 integration points in solid (continuum) elements
[/highlight]

I have identified the nodes to be at the boundary condition. I am not sure as to how I can proceed further. Kindly help me. Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back