Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error in defining a Bolt load in Abaqus

Status
Not open for further replies.

SommerK

Student
Sep 1, 2023
DE
Hello all,

I am doing a stiffness analysis of a bolted beam and I have a problem with the bolt preload. I created a surface in the middle of the bolt shaft and then created the preload using bolt load. However, it is not transferring the preload to the other bolts in the assembly even though I have selected "Pre-tension section at part level". When I then run the job I get the following error message several times:

-in keyword *CLOAD, file "Job-Screws-m-V.inp", line 717762: Unknown part instance set ZYLINDERSCHRAUBEM6-1._LOAD-2_BLRN_

-Node set assembly_zylinderschraubem6-1__load-2_blrn_ has not been defined

-A concentrated load has been specified on node set assembly_zylinderschraubem6-1__load-2_blrn_. This node set is not active in the model

At first I thought that the surface is the problem, but when I select it in bolt load, the same thing happens.
Have any of you had this before? I did the same as it says in the manual.
Can anyone possibly give me a tip? Without the preload the job goes through with no problems.

I am looking forward to your hints.

Thanks a lot!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try defining the pre-tension section using the "Bolt Shank Surface" definition method. It's much easier as you just have to select the cylindrical surface of the bolt shank and the internal surface will be created automatically.

Hello FEA way,

thank you for your response!

I tried "Bolt Shank Surface" but still get the same errors...

-in keyword *CLOAD, file "Job-3.inp", line 260899: Unknown part instance set ZYLINDERSCHRAUBEM6-1._BL-M6_BLRN_
-in keyword *BOUNDARY, file "Job-3.inp", line 260937: Unknown part instance node set ZYLINDERSCHRAUBEM6-1._BL-M6_BLRN_
-Node set assembly_zylinderschraubem6-1__bl-m6_blrn_ has not been defined
-A concentrated load has been specified on node set assembly_zylinderschraubem6-1__bl-m6_blrn_. This node set is not active in the model
-A boundary condition has been specified on node set assembly_zylinderschraubem6-1__bl-m6_blrn_ but this node set is not active in the model

I rebuilt my model from scratch and added only one screw. Unfortunately the same error. I do not know how to proceed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back