Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error inserting reference image Drafsight

Status
Not open for further replies.

PVJord

Electrical
Sep 14, 2015
NL
Hi Guys,

I use Draftsight for quite a while now and it always worked completely fine.
Until I installed Windows 10 Last week. Since then I can't see any reference image anymore in either my model or my drawings.
When I insert the image, it does preview though...

Tried different images, different Draftsight files, also older files have the same problem
Deleted and installed Drafsight again, didn't work.

Could somebody please help me? Much appreciated!

Please see screenshot of model attached

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=ef3fd103-48e2-4b33-86c9-308d6bbfbc46&file=Draftsight_error.JPG
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've not had this problem. I know Windows 10 is a little buggy though!

Just scratching my head....

When you look at the properties of the referenced image, I take it that the 'show image' box says 'yes', and that the path to the file hasn't been changed by the windows install?

I'll keep thinking....

Simon.

Thanks Simon

I checked the all the properties and it should be just fine. Also the path to the file is correct and even the linking the image to the file again doesn't help.

One weird thing though... As I said, the image previews correctly and sometimes when I'm zooming in our out in the model I can see a little blink of the image and then it is gone again. Also, when I create PDF's, the image does shows up in the PDF.

This is all for existing files where I already put in a reference image before all the problems came up after installing Windows 10.

Draftsight just came up with something else:
When I wanted to add a reference image into a new file, Draftsight let me select the particular image from my files, I clicked "open" and then Draftsight freezed and eventually crashed. I tried this with both jpg and png images and in different files. All the same problem. Even when inserting a reference image into an existing file.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jordy

I can confirm this problem on windows 10, fully updated with the latest version of draftsight.

I'm sure there must be a third factor causing this problem or else everyone with windows 10 and draftsight would have it.

Any ideas what other factor may be causing this?

FYI

I tried it as well on another laptop with Windows 10 on it (also 64 bits). And it worked fine!
What can it be? Compatibility problems?

Good find Jordy.

I updated mine even though I didn't have that graphic problem, the drivers I had were quite old. (Good old Windows doing it for you... or not!)

Hi PVJord

I saw your musing earlier on jpeg insertions in DraftSight – as I am having the same prob – the inserted jpegs don’t appear or ‘shuts off’ into a blur when u try and trace over it.

I down loaded the utility u mentioned and it states I already have the latest drivers (for my new windows 10) ~ perhaps it was glitchy when first installed and reloading it might not hurt………..the driver no. is; 15.33.38.64.4252

Just wondering what driver no. u downloaded to fix it.

The other option might be to download an older version – but that sounds a bit regressive…

I’m on the free version; DraftSight ‘2015 x64’ (who knows, perhaps this function is turned off the freebe..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back