Error regarding importing a CAD body model into Adams/Car 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bj77

Automotive
Dec 19, 2020
IR
hello

I have imported a CAD model from Catia into Adams and solved the problems of importing it with the help of the guys here.

i have created a body template with this model.

i have defined communicators, requests, parameter variables and hardpoints for the new model the same as "subcompact" body template model in Adams/Car

another problem has occurred...

i encounter this error:

Capture1_bte0yg.png

Capture2_z1emao.png

Capture3_edw0tu.png

Capture4_gdxjxw.png

would you please help?

thanks for the members of this site and experts helping us

i have gained a lot during the stint of my stay here[bigsmile]

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

what does it mean by center of mass???

what center of mass?

what have i done wrong?

should i also define the pointed input communicators for the body template??

the subcompact default model didn't define any other input temlates more than i did... or have i done something wrong?

thanks for responding but i'm still stuck here...hope you can give me more...still working to find the problem

Warnings shows that a one of marker has been renamed you. I think it somehow influenced to results…. Try to make a template with a minimum of changes:
1. Load a standard template. For example the same subcompact.tpl
2. Import the CAD model and position it as required.
3. Using the Aview interface, use a fixed connection (lock) to bind the CAD-model bodies (hopefully there are not many of them) to the already existing body "ges_chassis". The mass can be taken into account either in the CAD models themselves or added to "ges_chassis".
4. Use the right button to hide the elements of the standard chassis unnecessary for display.
5. That's it! Then, just try to save the template and create a subsystem….

Thank you very much this solution seems reasonable and feasible...that's great … I'll try it and keep you apprised.

I appreciate it a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back