Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error running Abaqus with parallelization on AMD processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm2618

Student
Oct 6, 2023
AU
Hi, I have two computers, one with an AMD processor (Ryzen 5600x) and the other with an Intel processor (i7-12700), both running Abaqus 6.14-2.

While multi-core functionality works smoothly on the Intel-based computer, I encounter a system error code 3 when attempting the same on the AMD processor. However, running Abaqus with a single core on the AMD processor functions without issues.

I've configured the solver to use an iterative approach since it appears to be the only method compatible with the AMD processor.

Is there a way to enable multi-core functionality for Abaqus on the AMD processor?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I do not have access to a newer version of Abaqus. No subroutines were used. Not sure if it would be considered special but I am analysing a model with Mohr-Coloumb Plasticity.

According to information from the University, the current version installed on both PCs has been updated with the latest hot fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back