Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error when reading model Catia 4.2.2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shpongle

Mechanical
Aug 19, 2002
NL
Sorry for double post, but subject line was empty..

Hi all,
I'm a newbie around here and decided to drop a question since I'm really running out of options..
At our institute we work with Catia 4.2.2 and so does one of our cooperating institutes. The only (obvious) difference between these two Catia environments is that we don't have the piping module and they do.
Since long we have been battling the following error-message, which occurs when we try reading models at our institute that were made (or modified) in their environment:

*MODEL CANNOT BE READ
*DATA STRUCTURE CREATED WITH A MORE COMPLETE SOFTWARE *CONFIGURATION.
*CURRENT SOFTWARE IS INSUFFICIENT TO UNDERSTAND *DATA.
*SOME SOFTWARE COMPONENTS ARE *MISSING
*CURRENT LEVEL IS:CATIA SOLUTIONS V4 RELEASE 2.2 FR *4.2.2
*CAT_G22_SOLID CANNOT BE FOUND
===========================================================
*ERROR IN SUBROUTINE : G7MREA WHEN CALLING SUBROUTINE : *MDMAR
*ERROR CODE : 218

*ERROR IN CATGEO/CATMSP *SOFTWARE
*ERROR DETECTED BY SUBROUTINE : *MDMAR
*CURRENT MODEL NUMBER : 1
*ERROR CODE : 218 SEVERITY : 3
* MODEL CONTAINS ENTITIES WHICH CANNOT BE READ

Could someone give me a lead what might be causing this 'incompatibillity'?

Thanks,

Dennis Ronden, FOM Institute for Plasma Physics

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank you saju, for replying to my thread.
The thing is that both versions of Catia are exactly alike: V4.2.2. The files can be read one-way though. They can read our files, but not the other way around. Another thing is that not ALL the files can't be read; some can. It's just incredibly hard to determine what settings or elements make the difference. The absence of the piping module on our systems shouldn't matter, since piping can be read without the module; the elements only cannot be modified..

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

I am not clear weather u reading model files directly or trying to read the export file, if u trying to read model file directly this error messeges is common,

So u ve to ask them for export file, which can imported into catia. you right licence is nothing do with models, bcos our customer has abt 20 licences & we r working with 2 licences

saju

Hi Saju,
we've indeed only attempted to read the files directly. If I remember correctly, your suggestion was made before, however. I don't see why this would make any difference and besides, why should there first be made an export file if both the Catia versions are the same? I believed exporting files is only useful between different versions / programs..
Don't get me wrong, I will certainly try to make an export file first, to see if that makes any difference.

Thanks for your input,

Dennis

U need to export files for an env. to another only if "Project Files" aren't the same and/or they haven't be declared under the same name.

obviously, If you can't read a model done in 422 on a 422 test if the first one isn't a 422 Refresh 1 ! if it is you may make a Catback on your model in the catutil of the first one !

Stan

You are not running the same package as the other site.
Your version does not recognize piping because you have not
selected piping as part of your software package.

Thank you for the suggestion CMES, but unfortunately we've already tried to read in certain models in a catia-station at the remote location without the piping license retrieved. This worked fine; the model could be viewed, but no piping elements could be modified. I think this shows the problem is something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back