Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error while saving : Unable to save model. Correct problem and try agn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagon

Apr 4, 2008
FR
Hi,

When I try to save a pretty huge model, I get the following message :

Unable to save model : Opération réussie.
Correct problem and try again.

"Opération réussie" means "Operation successful" in french.

Sure UGS developpers have humour...

What can I do ?

Thank you in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Make sure that you you have enough diskspace. Also, I have seen that problem if I copy a model at the same time as I try to save it. Basically, the file is occupied by the OS.

You can also try "Save As" to get a new free file. Losing the model is usually bad news.

So, Good Luck

Thomas

I have plenty of disk space, RAM, and virtual memory allocated. I really don't understand !

ThomasH,

I also tried to "Save as" but in vain...

Can anyone help me please ?

Julien

Just a thought, have you you tried rebuilding the model. File-Rebuild, just to make sure everithing is ok.

Otherwise I agree with rb1957, try an export.

Also, is the problem unique for this model or is it all models. Can you test that?

Good Luck

Thomas

That is true : exporting the model is working. But am I not losing data doing this ? (The model exported weights the 2/3 of my initial save ; the meshes are still there but some surfaces have vanished)

Julien

Try a solid cleanup of the model and se if that fixes it. There might be something wrong with the geometry definitions.

Thomas

It's not the same for every model. It happens when my model is getting too big, I think.

Could it be a problem in the compatibility with my OS ? I have got Femap Nx Nastran 9.2 and an XP SP2 64 bits 2003.

And also, what does a rebuild consist in exactly ?

Thanks,

Julien

Also,

If I go on working on my model, I get the following error :

Unable to allocate memory to save graphics.
Close other applications, add real or virtual memory. For animations use fewer frames or a smaller window.

The problem occurs when reaching approx. 1.5 Go of virtual memory. I allocated 20 Go, but in vain. It is like Femap cannot "see" the whole virtual memory.

Again, thanks for your support.

Julien

A rebuild checks the model for certain kinds of errors such as properties with/without materioals assigned etc. A geometry cleanup does the same but for the geometry (solids) information (I think).

As for "save graphics", I've had that problem but never so that it made saving impossible.

When you run a 64 bit system, how much ram do you have installed?

I think you should check the manual for memory settings. That might be the problem. The graphics error I have seen om my laptop(2 GB ram) but never on the workstation (16 GB ram).

Finally, when you say "huge model", how many nodes/elements are there?

Regards

Thomas

My system has 4 GB ram.

There are about 1,500,000 nodes and 700,000 elements.

Regards

Julien

Hi

I don't know what the problem can be. On my laptop I have workewd with models up to approx 1 million nodes/elements.

If it is just this model its probably something in that model. Otherwise I don't know.

Sorry

Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back