Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

vitulaaak

Automotive
Jul 5, 2007
US

Hello,

I am using NX 3 and have following problem:

i have a model of bracket that is made of 2 cores.
I made the skeleton and wave linked the bodies into both cores so that I dont have to make everything two times.
the problem what i have now is, that everything worked fine, everything updated fine, but now, one of the cores, when I open the skeleton, says that the bodies references dissapered. but only one. icant edit the wave link, i cant pick the bodies again. nothing. can anybody help me?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

Is the component you linked the bodies still in the model structure? It appears that it has been removed out of the model structure & therefore, your linked body does not know what to link to.

Hope this helps.

Jason Misztal
Fuel and Utility Systems
UG Designer

Goodrich Corp.
Rome, NY

We habitually use linked geometry and even the best of us make a couple of dumb mistakes from time to time.

One is to have the assembly open with the part reference sets set to REP, (or whatever reference set name you use for your representations). The faceted model cannot be picked when you're manually updating a linked body.

Two is that if you have partial loading switched on in your load options you may need to open the components fully before updating the links will work.

Otherwise try to edit the parameters of your linked body. If Jason is correct then the top left of the dialog box will say, "Parent:Broken Link".

Good Luck

Hudson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back