Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ETABLE - Line element plot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luca97

Structural
Jul 22, 2008
IT
Hello all,

I need to plot the axial load solutions for my frame. I use beam elements, so I've read solutions "SDIR" in the nodes I and J. Now, my problem is that the default view of Ansys is with a 2D diagram on the Line element. I want coloured elements, I don't want to show the 2D diagram on the bar (e.g. as in the nodal solutions), do you think that it's possible?

Thank you very much,

Best regards

Luca

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,
if I have understood it correctly, then yes, you have a mean to do that: turn "ON" the /ESHAPE Display of Element (in the GUI, it's under "PlotControls -> Style -> Size and Shape").
Right now I don't remember if you need to have Powergraph ON or OFF (it doesn't work with both...)

Regards

Mmm... I've tried but it doesn't work in this way, maybe I didn't explained very well. I'm displaying the solution in "Contour Plot > Line Elem Res" and I'm displaying the axial load in my beam elements, because I've read the solution "SDIR" from the etable. Now, the default graphic option in Ansys is to show the elements with a 2D diaphgram "on" the element, not like in all the other cases in which the element is directly coloured. I don't need to display the 3D shape of my elements, I want to colour my element, as in the case of nodal solutions.

I've attached a print image of the Line Elem plot as I've now, because it's very hard to explain it by words...

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=d8fd73b0-9073-486a-9104-7368bc556524&file=Lineelem.JPG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back