ETABS API add new mass source 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

numericaleng

Structural
Dec 5, 2021
TR
Hello,

I created a program with using visual studio VBA, but I could not add "NEW" mass source. One of the collegue said to me: you should use a different system and library but I could not find anyway. I would be appriate if you help me.

NOTE : cPropMaterial.SetMassSource_1 Method could not help to me because this code only change the default mass source.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you tried through database table methods?

Generally, if you can access a table through the GUI, you should be able to programmatically access it through database table methods.

Screenshot_2024-08-26_202113_agbshg.png

My github has a few examples of interacting with database tables:

S&T

Thank you for your kind answer. Definitelly this is the solution. I am using VBA, I also check your codes.
May I ask which documents I can follow for pyton codes for ETABS OAPI. I try to find a source like CSI API ETABS v1.chm but I could not.

Not many of the API functions have examples written with python as one of the examples, but it's generally not too hard to piece together what to throw in there given the VBA/C# example code.

There is some boiler plate python code at the beginning of the API documentation now as well.

image1_wjf2lx.png

S&T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back