Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ETABS Concrete Training Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPTStruct

Structural
May 7, 2009
US
Does anybody have or use the ETABS Concrete Training Manual? I'm thinking of buying it, but was hoping to get a little information about what's in it before I spend the $75. Is it mostly gravity design, mostly lateral design, some of both? Is there a good mix of systems represented in the book? Any examples of semi-rigid diaphragm analysis (including using section cuts to output diaphragm forces)? Any insight would be appreciated...thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I bought both the concrete and steel training manuals. I was disappointed with both of them. They are decent, but certain topics I had hoped to find were not included. I was looking for detailed descriptions of meshing and output results. If you are relatively familiar with Etabs, then the manuals won't do much for you. If you are a novice, then they would likely be valuable.

Thanks for your reply...that's kind of what I was afraid of. I've used ETABS fairly frequently over the last several years, and was hopng for some tutorials/help with the more advanced functions of the program. Sounds like these guides probably aren't what I'm looking for.

They're definately not. I'm in the same boat you're in. I've pretty much resolved to just experimenting with the program to see what affects different meshing techniques have on output and also tinkering with the lateral force generation, etc.

I agree. The best way to confirm the programs behavior is to build models that you can verify independently and building your own comfort level.

And I am sure this forum has people with enough experience to guide others along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back