Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Etabs Load Case with Response Spectrum for a 0.25g ground acceleration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph Daou

Structural
Oct 23, 2016
LB
Hi,
I have a project where i have ground acceleration of 0.25g and i have to make the model (a building of 36 story) my question is in the load case for the dynamic analysis (Response spectrum analysis) do i input a scale factor of 0.25g or should i just keep it g ?
My main objective here is to compare a point masse model analysis with ETABS FEM but i keep getting dynamic shear < than static shear.
but in y point mass analysis i have dynamic shear > static shear
so i was confused if there anything to do with 0.25g in the load case or is it just for the response specrum of the UBC 97

Another question would be that i use 0.25g to draw my own response spectrum and extract Sv (speed from the spectrum) to get the displacement acceleration forces .... how can i enter my response spectrum in Etabs because the UBC 97 spectrum is different than the one i am working with

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=c605322e-f8b9-44de-b5a2-929cd417d28c&file=Capture.PNG
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back