Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

etching a steel tape on a part

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickWiens

Industrial
Sep 25, 2013
CA
Hi there,

I am new to Creo parametric and am in need of some help.

I have a part where I would like to etch a steel tape onto it. Is there a way to do that easily? So I don't have to draw all the lines and numbers individually?

Its a long sheet metal part that gets 2 bends to turn it into a channel piece. I want the steel tape etch to come on the inside so they can measure as they slide their pipe along it to cut it

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Patterning the lines is easy. To pattern the numbers you need to
[ul]
[li]create a numeric parameter[/li]
[li]create a sketch relation to increment the numeric parameter[/li]
[li]create a text parameter and set it equal to the numeric parameter text using the ITOS function[/li]
[li]use the text parameter in your text section[/li]
[/ul]

Here is an example of the section relation I used to get the numbers 1 through 12 rotated around a date code dial where kd6 is an angular dimension that rotates the horizontal section reference plane:

month=12-kd6/30
month_text=ITOS(MONTH)

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

So Ive made the numerical and text parameter. Ive made the relations

numerical=d94 *d94 being my incremental dimension*
text=ITOS(numerical)

but it is not increasing the number. they all stay at 1

What am I missing? or how do you connect your kd6 to the other relation?

Also you know of a good place for me to get some good Info on how relations and parameters work?

thx

Rick

Did you create your pattern using d94?

I've learned my Pro/E skills from using it daily for 25 years, might not be an option for everyone. There are lots of tutorials on the Web as well as PTC's site.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back