Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

example of corrosion 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shibuz

Chemical
Apr 12, 2001
US
Where can I get examples of corrosion? I am looking for general example of various types of corrosion.
Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Shibuz:

For the quick meathod, go to type "corrosion" and search the web. This should give you more than enough info.

For the long meathod, I would go to the library and search for books on corrosion.

jproj

MIL-HDBK-729, MIL-HDBK-735 and USAF T.O. 1-1-691 are great "primers" for corrosion info and some photos. MIL-HDBK-735 is the BEST reference I've found [took course from the author in the mid-80's]. Theses document can be found on-line thru various web sites [anybody out there have good mil-spec/hdbk-xxx sources??? I acces these thru IHS on contract to my company].

T.O. 1-1-691 [hands-on text for military corrosion-control Techs] "MAY" be available at:

Regards, Wil Taylor

I used to have a copy of NACE "Corrosion Basics" which was a good primer. Guess it is still available Even have the ISBN no. on file! It is ISBN 0-915567-02-4. Trust this is of help.

Just try to find a book titled: Corrossion Engineering (by Mars G. Fontana) Sorry..this is not promotion. But I found that this book is good enough to answer your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back