Example Sealed Cover Page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caenright

Civil/Environmental
Feb 28, 2018
US
Hello all,

Our state (Colorado) has just changed the board rules on the placement of seals and signatures to allow for all the seals on the cover page of a bound planset (or digital single file), and my workgroup has been struggling a bit with the implementation. Does anyone have good examples of a cover sheet with stamp/signature/caveats that they'd be willing to share? I have been unsuccessful with straightforward Google searches and without knowing where this practice is allowed or happens, it's challenging to even start a more thorough search.

(Apologies if this is the wrong forum to ask)

Thank you!

-----------------------------
Chris Enright
PE, Colorado
Roads and Trains

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I do not do this, nor do the AHJs that I normally work in allow for this... But I have seen essentially just a BOX (that gets stamped/sealed) with the EOR's name, license number, and expiration note (all printed) - followed by a blurb stating "I hereby certify that all XYZ has been prepared under my direct supervision and control." (or whatever the exact local law says you have to do). However, I am not the stamp police, and you need the local AHJ to sign off. I prefer to seal each page and will likely do so going forward.

I believe the intent of the change is so that you can stamp the cover sheet which lists all the drawings. You can indicate the drawings which each engineer is responsible for with some formatting. In my jurisdiction each drawing must be stamped and I don't believe there is any plans to change that.

We've been doing this for years in my area. Coversheet(s) stating "XYZ prepared Sheets X-Y and specification sections X-Y". However, doing this actually creates MORE stamping if you aren't already doing it.

I do not have an example handy, but it is quite common in my area to do the following:

Drawings - each sheet is sealed in the title block. Mechanical drawings sealed by mechanical engineer, structural drawings sealed by structural, etc...

Book Specifications - The specifications that accompany a drawing set have a cover sheet. Essentially it has boxes for the 'responsible engineer' for whichever discipline to add their seal at the front of the package. For a typical building project there would be a place for seals from the architect, structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.... on the same cover page, together at the front of the specification package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back