Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Excel Macros problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigb

Mechanical
Sep 17, 2002
US

I have made some "Marco" modification(copy from some previous file) on the excel file but don't know why every time I try to retrieve this file then it will automatically link/refer to the previous excel file/worksheet.

Can u give me some suggestions
Thanks
bigB

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you want to copy macros, you should probably export the VBA module and import it into the new file. Open the file with the macro and go to the VB Editor. In the Project Window, right click the module and select Export File. Then, open the target workbook, go to the VB Editor, right click the project and select Import File. Select the exported .bas file and your set. DimensionalSolutions@Core.com
While I welcome e-mail messages, please post all thread activity in these forums for the benefit of all members.

I have made some "Marco" modification(copy from some previous file) on the excel file but don't know why every time I try to retrieve this file then it will automatically link/refer to the previous excel file/worksheet. Could what how u could help?

Basically, I have to write an instruction and teach other users to use this template. Once, the instruction is completed then I may need to see what marco/VB that he could be built into this template.

I tried to you export the VBA module and import it into the new file but it dus not work.
Cud u gimme any other suggestions

Look in the Code Editor menu: Tools - Reference.. and see if it is not the name of the initial file there. If yes, remove the tick.
I hope this will help !?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back