Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel spread sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

hd79

Mechanical
Nov 12, 2002
US
Does anyone know to import an Excel spread sheet into a Pro-E drawing. I tried saving the spread sheet as a .txt file and insreting as a note but it looses the table in this process. I was trying to avoid re-creating the table in Pro-E. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Ron

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

'Object' doesn't show up from the Insert pull down menu. Is the Insert/Object option a function of Wildfire? I am working with 2001.

Thanks for your help, Ron

Yes. That's where I was looking. I tried using 'Data From File' under Insert but this doesn't support .xls files. Could this be a license issue? I'll try to open another pro-e session to see if 'Object' will come up. I once had a problem exporting a model as a .stp because not all of our lisences supported this function. Maybe this is the same issue.

Thank you everyone for your input! Our I.T. department looked into this problem and according to them, found that inserting an excel file works only when using Pro-E through a PC and not when using UNIX as an operating system which is what we have. I'm not a computer guru but apparently UNIX will not support Microsoft objects...I appreciate all of the feedback.
Thanks again, Ron

"I'm not a computer guru but apparently UNIX will not support Microsoft objects"

I'm sorry, I can't help bu laugh at this...must come from my love[/b] of Micro$oft's products :p

Cyril Guichard
Mechanical Engineer

Yes, but can you import excel data as a table not an OLE object?

We are using 2001 and Intralink 3.0. We have an issue with not being able to put the inserted objects in to Intralink since OLE is path dependant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back