Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Table in a template Macro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

var10

Mechanical
Apr 4, 2013
IN
Hi

I am looking at having a excel table in my drawing template which will save the spreadsheet under the same name as the part file's name in Solidworks each time I use this template.

Also I want this table to be shown in the drawing (not just as an attachment). Is this possible? Are there any macros?

The reason being the drawings need to be approved and filled in the revision table by someone other than the person who produced the drawing. So I thought it would be a great idea if I could link the revision table to an excel spreadsheet and whoever is going to check the drawing can just open up the spreadsheet, enter their initials and when I open the Solidworks drawing it updates automatically.

Any other suggestions and ideas are also welcome.

Thanks for any help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks Chris. I know how to insert a excel sheet. The problem is that I want it to have the same name as my drawing.

What I mean by this is everytime I save a new drawing I want an excel spreadsheet to be saved at the same location under the same name. I don't want to do them manually everytime I create a drawing instead I want it to be embedded in my template and do it for me to save time.

Make the reevision table boxes, custom properties.
The reviewer can open the properties from explorer, go to the custom properties tab and enter their intials, this will be saved with the file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back