Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Exclude from BOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've never had much luck with excluding from BOM either. Are you looking to remove it from the BOM as a line-item, or do you want to reduce the qty shown in the BOM? You can hide lines by clicking on the BOM and then clicking "BOM Contents" in the BOM property manager. You can hide/show line items from there.

Just a side note to hiding items in a BOM. You will want to move all of your hidden items to the very bottom of the BOM list. Doing this will prevent odd numbering from happening in the BOM.

Example:

Best Regards,
Jon

Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.

Solidworks 2006 SP0.0

Well it seems as if my computer is having a number of issues today. I rebooted and opened the assembly and everything works like normal. I have never had an issue with it before, so I should have automatically suspected the computer. Our assemblies always contain two rails, and while they are technically different, they have always been trated as one item in the list. So I just normally exclude one, and everything looks fine. I had thought about suppressing it, but I still need to see it in the drawings.

So I mentioned to my boss, that we need to speed up the construction of my new computer, and he agreed.

Thanks for the ideas. Check my post on the Smart Component issue if you have any suggestions. That problem is not computer related.

Mike Puckett
Group Leader
Los Angeles/Orange County SW User Group
Need Usergroup Info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back