Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exploded assembly and parts disappear

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdawg53

Mechanical
Dec 19, 2012
US
I have a large assembly that I am exploding. When I go to zoom in to select parts to explode, parts disappear.
I have updated the driver with no change.
Any suggestions?
J

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have to ask, is it an approved driver? What video card are you using? It really does sound like a graphics issue. Have you tried changing the display style?

Jeff Mirisola
My Blog

Yes, it is a quadro 4000 with approved driver.
I am running windows 7 professional
12 gig of ram
64 bit operating system

I was able to find others who have posted this same question on line but I wasn't able to find any fix.
So were you able to find a fix or work around?

I've also found that the parts closer to their origin do not have this issue or at least not as bad. It is worse in the parts that are exploded further away from their origin.
Frustrating!!

Dawg I had this problem years ago. My problem was not enough memory, plus wonky video driver.You seem to have the memory locked, but you could try to remove video driver you are using, and reinstall older driver.For some reason, sometimes the latest and greatest, isn't.It's only a shot in the dark, but sometimes the light will shine thru!! Art L.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back