Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exploded Balloons

Status
Not open for further replies.

connevans

Mechanical
Apr 25, 2003
GB
I am using SW 2001 Plus.

Does anyone know how to get named exploded views which have perspective to balloon correctly. It works fine if the view is just plain isomentric, but small parts will not balloon if the view is in perspective.

Also how do I add an extra Arrow/Leader to a balloon. I have a sub assembly with multiple parts. The BOM is set to top level only. I wish a single balloon to point to all the parts of the sub assembly.

Thanks, Dave.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For multiple Arrows on ONE ballon, you can CTRL-Click on the arrow head, and drag a new one to the other parts, etc.

For more than one balloon on ONE arrow, you can use the "Stacked Balloon" command. Pick the first one notmally, then just click other parts BEFORE you close the command.

Think that answers some of your issues. I'd have to create a "perspective view" to find out about the other...

Mr. Pickles

Bradley,

No it is just on sheet one. It is almost as if it can't calculate the maths to work out where the parts actually are. It is fine with larger parts.

Dave.

Dave,
There went my first theory. Give this one a try. Turn your filter on to select planes, and then zoom in real close. Select your part, if the part you want is not picked, then right mouse click and pick other. Keep picking other until your part is highlighted.

Bradley

Bradley,

Unfortunately no luck. I did manage to get one balloon to pick up on a small part, only it found it off above and to the right of where the actual part is! Very strange. So effectively the balloon will pick up on it but floating in space....

Dave.

Useful to learn about the filters tool bar none the less.

Dave,
This one really puzzles me. If I understand you, you are saying that you see the part in the view. You click on that part, and SolidWorks does not see it at that location. You can find it at a spot that shows no part. Does this sound about right?

Bradley

Bradley,

Spot on.

Had a little bit of a play around and you can work out where the balloon will pick up on the part. If you imagine the part is being viewed in straight isometric (no perspective) then create a balloon from where the part would appear then it works. But this is obviously not much use.

I have tried changing the type of dimension created in this view (properties). neither projected or True (Isometric) makes any difference.

For the minute the assembly line will have to be happy without perspective views. But there are occasions where perspective really helps the understanding of the drawing.

Dave.

Have you tried increasing image quality (under Document Options)?

[bat]On justice and on friendship, there is no price, but there are established credit limits.[bat]

One more idea (just a shot in the dark):

Tempoarily increase the scale of the drawing to the point where you can get the ballons to attach, then return the view scale to where it was. Maybe the ballons will manage to hold on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back