Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export all sheets to 2D DWG in same plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

will-eng

Mechanical
Dec 13, 2016
US
When i go to export a DWG i can choose two settings under the 'Input and Output' tab, either Modeling or Layouts.

If i choose layouts and go to the next tab 'Data to Export,' i can choose all sheets or pick and choose individual sheets. BUT, if i do this the views come in to Autocad on different planes.

This is being brought into Autocad LT so its only 2d capable.

If i choose Modeling instead of Layouts, and then go to the 'Data to Export' tab, it only lets me either export the current drawing sheet or 1 drawing sheet of my choosing. Using this setting the view comes in to Autocad all on the x-y plane, which is what we want.

Is there any way to export all the sheets at once and get them all on the same plane in Autocad. It is going to be a big pain to do each sheet individually with some drawings being 7-10 sheets.

I am able to flip planes in Autocad but if the drawing is on an odd plane other than the normal three. It is useless in Autocad. Also do not want to do this because it is time consuming and limits edit-ability.

Thanks in advanced for any thoughts on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back