Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export an .Igs with levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

airkidd

Industrial
Aug 9, 2002
US
Ok, here's the deal. I want to make an .igs file of my assembly. No problem. But, now I want each part on a seperate level in my .igs file. The help file wasnt much help, so now I'll throw it to you experts. Do you know a solution?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I can't offer much help in this because I am not sure what you mean by "seperate levels" in your .IGES file. Can you explain that a bit more for me, since I've never heard of that terminology before? "The attempt and not the deed confounds us."

.igs files have "levels". Levels are the equivalent of "layers" in Autocad. Levels can be turned on and off to help seperate items. I dont know what more there is to tell you. If you import an .igs into solidworks, it allows you to choose which levels you import, so why couldnt it allow an export to seperate levels?

I don't do much importing or exporting (if I do it's always parasolid), so thanks for the explaination. [thumbsup2] "The attempt and not the deed confounds us."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back