Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export attributes from multiple drawings to single excel/txt file 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadDraftee

Mechanical
Sep 16, 2003
AU
I wish to export some attributes from many auto drawings into a single excel or text file - not individual files for each drawing - any ideas

Cheers
Mel

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Maybe you can try next way (not tested)
At first you create the script file for example EXTR.SCR, which will extract attributes to the file for example TMP.TXT
Then you create the batch file which will start the autocad with specified drawing and will start the script file. In this batch file then you can subtract all created temporary files in to one file for example ALLINFO.TXT.

Example of batch file:
acad.exe drawing1.dwg /b extr.scr
copy allinfo.txt+tmp.txt allinfo.txt
acad.exe drawing2.dwg /b extr.scr
copy allinfo.txt+tmp.txt allinfo.txt
……

Maybe it help.

Mirekp
Mechanical and engineering calculations

Are you still looking for a way to extract attributes from your drawings into an Excel file?
If so, thanks to alot of hard work on the part of some people at VBA design forum and a lot of headaches and sweating blood I have an Excel macro program that works on what seems to be from R14 through 2004. It's written in VBA and run from Excel accessing your choice of drawings a single drawing or a complete folder. Depending on your needs it will need to be modified but should work. Let me know if interested, I know what it's like to need something like this.

freezer;
I was searching the forum for information on extracting attributes into an excel worksheet across several dwgs and came upon you post. Please respond in the forum or at rduprey@gloverequipment.com if you are able to offer help or insight.
thanks,
sundemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back