Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

export AutoCad mep 2011 through ductsize 6.01.22

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehdiasgh

Mechanical
Jun 13, 2012
Hi All;

I drew some duct dwg's in Autocad Mep 2011. I need export these files in a software analyzing ductworks. I decided use ductsize elite soft6.01.22 for this purpose, but I don't know how to export my provided dwg's to this softare.

Can you help me?

Thanks a lot.

Philip Saimon

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

duct program should be second-level program, should have import option, so you need to import from it. l

ook at duct program help and find which formats can be recognized by duct program, than use "save as" in acad mep to save in adequate format.

all of the written is mere assumption, but that is how most of such programs work.

Dear Drazen;

Thanks for your kind suggestion. But, unfortunately Autocad mep 2011 generates autocad drawing(*.dwg) files . However Elite Software Ductsize 6.01.223 requires DSA format or ABS 2007 drawing *.dwg( Autodesk Building systems) as import from Autodesk building sysem 2007. Is there any convertor from drawing dwg to dsa or ABS 2007 drawing dwg format?

Thanks again for your friendly advise.

Philip

actually, i am bit embarrassed for guessing instead of knowing, but i clearly stated that...

dwg is dwg and i am not sure whether there is any difference between mep dwg and "ordinary" acad dwg. mep certainly adds some thing, but once they are added can they be recognized in ordinary autocad or not.

have you tried to save your drawing as mep 2007 dwg? or simply open it from ordinary autocad and save it as acad 2007, than try to open it through that other program.

years in maintenance taught me one rule (among many), "if you are certain that no damage will be incurred, press all buttons in trying to accomplish what you want". [glasses]

Dear Drazen;

Thanks a Lot four your fast answer.

Ok, I can send my file for your consideration.

Can you save as my mep file as ABS 2007 format needed for elite DuctSize 6.01.22?

It should be noted Abs (Autodesk Building system 2007) is previous version of Autocad mep 2011.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Philip

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=87f82a81-527d-4e1d-8607-d8cca5a6668a&file=channel2office.dwg
sorry, there seems to be misunderstanding... i cannot open those files, i only have some other party softwares for design that can import dwg (preferable dxf) as a base.

there should be no mystery about that, you have to have "save as" command, than you choose file type to save as.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back