Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Pressure Vessel to Korea 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanrick

Mechanical
Mar 3, 2008
US
Can anyone direct me to a source of information on how to get pressure vessels approved for export to South Korea? I didn't find anything in a search of Eng-Tips.

I assume meeting ASME Sect VIII Div 1 is a good first step. Perhaps someone can offer additional guidance.

Thanks.

Rick

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you have HSBCT as your AIA check out the Import Requirements on their web site. You may have to find a company that has passed the Audit

South Korea must have a comparable code to ASME Sect 8 Div1. Obtain a copy of their equivalent Manufacturer's Data sheet and then write down a comparison of your and their data sheets for submittal to Korean PV Authority.
That's what I had to do in the past when a European PV manufacturer had sold one of their units in the US and an Insurance Co. needed some verification for insurability.

Contact Korea Gas Safety Corporation...
The Korean High-Pressure Gas Safety Control Law requires foreign manufacturers to obtain a "manufacturer approval" and a license from KGS before they can export pressure vessels to South Korea.

The article below could also give you some insights on how Korea does business (Read page 3)...

Is i know they have adopted the ANSI/ASME Code, but since they can send their junk outhere without detection you can probably do the same w/o any peermision. depends who is buying. i have sent a few items there w/o specials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back