Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Step File to Teamcenter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robse

Industrial
Jun 30, 2015
CH
Hello

Siemens can export step-files to teamcenter. In my current settings is the dataset type image. But it is not an image... Where can i change the default settings for type, relation etc. I do not find any settings in Customerdefaults, Neither in export/translators nor in TC-Integration. Could someone give me some tips?

StepexportManaged_pczygf.jpg

Thank you in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am pretty sure that this is a teamcenter setting. Can't help you more than that sadly.
Teamcenter is , in my perspective , pretty lame in some silly aspects, you have do define each filetype and what application should be used . Including pdf's.
One could think that "some filetypes" would be out of the box defined , but no. ( this might have changed in later releases.)

Regards,
Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

Hello Tomas,

thank you for your answer. OOTB there is no step-dataset in TC. We defined a Dataset some years ago and i was wondering if i could connect the dataset to the NX-Export. But like i said, there is no setting in NX (i can't find it) and there is also nothing in the help file. It could be a setting in TC, and i went through documentation but unfortunately i am unable to find it as well. Thats why i was asking here. Maybe someone had already this problem and solved it.

It looks like Siemens added something but it is just not finished or very good hidden in documentation. What is for sure is that a step-File never will be an image...

Best regards

Hello,

Someone else figured it out. I was told that the setting is like Toost already mentioned in Teamcenter. You need to change it in TC_NX_Exchange_Dataset_Preferences.

Thanks and best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back