Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EXPORTING A EPS FILE

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkelly

Mechanical
Apr 26, 2002
US
HELLO,

I AM WORKING WITH 2000i AND WE ARE TRYING TO EXPORT A EPS FILE THAT WE WILL THEN IMPORT INTO ADOBE PHOTOSHOP. MY PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN I EXPORT THE 3D IMAGE IT COMES OUT IN WIRE FRAME RATHER THAN THE "HIDDEN" VIEW. I DO NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM WITH BIT MAPS AND AM WONDERING HOW CAN I EXPORT A EPS AND HAVE IT COME OUT IN A "HIDDEN" VIEW.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP

JEREMIAH

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi there

Export as a different file format supported by Photoshop.

Some objects are unrepresentable in PostScript, for example, extruded objects, in which case they're output as vectors. AutoCAD objects that cannot be directly represented in PostScript are always exported as wireframe images (precisely as AutoCAD displays them).

You'll find that you'll mainly need to import Post Script files (using PSIN), rather the other way round.

This all depends on what you intend doing with the image once its been imported into Photoshop.

hth

[2thumbsup]

THANKS FOR THE ADVISE, ALTHOUGH I HAVE FOUND A WAY TO DO THE TASK AT HAND. I WENT INTO PAPERSPACE AND CREATED THE DESIRED VIEW AND APPLIED A HIDEPLOT TO THE VIEW. THEN EXPORTED A EPS FILE AND IT WORKED GREAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back