Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

exporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

cesarbaq

Civil/Environmental
Mar 5, 2002
US
Hi, I have been trying unsuccessfully to pass a report I get in primavera to excel...

What I mean is that in p3 when I ask in tools tabular reports resources loading...
I get the report in primavera look, and I can save it in rft...but does anybody know how can i get in in a format where I can use it in excel?

What I really want in to have in excel a list of the resources and what quantities per month are going to be used...

And the same but instead of the quantities, the cost...

As I said, I can get them in primavera look and I can save them as rft, but then I am stuck

thanks,

Cesar Baquerizo

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Cesar,
Try the following:
Click on modify report and then the Format tab. Then click in 'Export report in CSV format to file' and give it a name (or accept the default). Take the option 'View on Screen' and your file should be opened into an Excel file. You will have to do a certain amount of formatting, but this can be saved as an Excel file.
Hope this works for you,
Rentaplan

Hi, when I am in the format tab, I cant see that option...

A friend of mine use to do it all the time in my primavera, but he is out of the country and I cant ask him how he did it...

Any ideas?

thanks,

Cesar Baquerizo

Hi again Cesar,
The menu Tools/Tabular Reports/Resource/Loading reveals a number of standard resource loading reports. If you select (single click/Modify or double click)any one of the reports and then click on the Format tab, you should see 2 options on the left side, 'Generate report in P3' and below it 'Export report in CSV format to the file'. If you don't have this option then I don't know which version of P3 you're using!
I hope this is of some use.
Regards,
Rentaplan

Hi Cesar!

You should find it there. I confirmed it.

Click: Tools, Tabular Reports, Resource, Loading
Choose a report and click: Modify
Click Format Tab
You should find "Export in CSV format..." on the second line.

Best regards,

Jorge

Hi. I need some help on how to export into Excel, a P3.1
file.
This is a Schedule of values tabular file in P3 and
how do you export the 'report writer' to a Excel file.

Thanking you for this help.

SSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back