Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exposed pipe in floodplain 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOchris

Civil/Environmental
Jun 17, 2008
US
This is a continuation of this thread:
but the questions have evovled to where they fit into this category more....
Due to the error in part by all, the sewer pipe will be sitting about 3-4" above creek bottom.
My main problem now is who do I get to look at this to ok my design changes? The local floodplain manager? or someone from the county? I am pretty sure that its a local level thing, according to the ACoE permit we recieved at the beginning of the project..

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
---Charles Schulz
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
---Benjamin Franklin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

start with the floodplain manager which is probably the county. you will probably need a permit from the floodplain manager regardless of how deep the sewer line is. Around here, the floodplain manager would make you lower the sewerline below the scour level for the 100-year storm. If allowed to stay higher than the channel bed, it would need to be completely encased and a hydraulic study might be required. Depending on the results of the study, it may need to be submitted to FEMA.

So how do I go about finding who the the floodplain manager is? My boss who is on vacation is the interim city engineer and would probably know, but as stated...he is not here to help.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
---Charles Schulz
---Benjamin Franklin

nevermind, got it....

---Charles Schulz
---Benjamin Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back