Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extend S7 MicroWin V3.2 Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenith

Industrial
Jul 19, 2002
RO
Hi
I have run a 30 days period the domo package of S7 MicroWin V3.2.
The question is if it is possible to extend this 30 days period and how?

Reinstall the demo package.this will work for another 30 days.
c b ramesh
Director
Interface Electronics pvt ltd
19 nana street
t nagar
chennai
India
email:ife@vsnl.com

Dear charlefan,
I need also S7 MicroWin V3.2.
Where can I download last update of this package?

I have simatic s5 plc 943u, i want to make this system redundant. one of my friend has responded to change it to s7 system. Thanks to my friend.
Now please tell me exactly what hardware will be required for this. I am using this system for sootblowing of boilers. Has i have to change the ladder logic to make the system redundant or the same s5 logic programe can be converted to s7 logic. What software is required for this. can i keep same power supply module, I/O modules, interfacing modules, I/O rack etc. those are being used currently with s5 plc and i have to buy s7 series plc, which type of s7 series is recommended etc. Detailed solution for the requirement of hardware, software and detail of concerned manuals to be downloaded from the site will be highly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.

secrabigh,
as far as I know Siemens products for redundant systems are named like normal products plus "H". H system can be configured using the same set of tools (the same Step5 or Step7). ad.support@siemens.com surely can help for free, but ask questions separately: 1st - which hardware should you replace with which hardware in order to obtain S7 redundant system from normal S5 system; 2nd - which tools will you need to work with new system (naturally, Step7, but which set of tools exactly); and so on...

you can try to search
for "s7 400h"

Zenith,

When you get to, say, 29 days of the evaluation uninstall it and install it again that way it won't close the evaluation for further use.

MartinBEng.

I have downloaded the 60 day trial from siemens website, is there any way of extending the trial period. Ive already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software but the time trial continues from where it left off. Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Tom

Tom,

You need a program to delete all evidence of the trial version on your computer, e.g. AShampoo. When you uninstall a program with this it gets rid of all evidence of the trial on your pc and starts again at 60 days.

MartinBEng.

Hi,

There is perhaps one thing you could do, I do it with the authorisation key of Intouch, Just put your pc date back.
Back to the future.
Try it it maybe works it worked for me with Intouch.

Rudi

All,

Purchase a lesser version from Siemens at a minimal cost($40). Go to siemens web site support and download the latest upgrade (3.2 SP4) free(55Meg). Install the upgrade, this overwrites the older version, it only looks for a small string in the .ini. You can then run the prgramme as happliy as you like.

ATB....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back