Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External References

Status
Not open for further replies.

greg21

Feb 18, 2003
GB
Can some one please help me I am trying to write some VB code to create some geometry using external references.
So far i have not ahd any luck at either doing this or finding any help on it. If any one can shed some light on it i'd be very very greatfull

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Can you be more specific; are you using V4 or V5 ?
If V5, what release ? and lastly what types of elements are you wanting to create from whatever external references ?

If it is V5 and R9 or higher then you can create Points, Lines, Curves and Loft Surfaces from coordinate data that is in an Excel file.

Look in the Help Documentation for Creating Elements from an External File.

hi,

In the online doc you can find also some exemple about script for your problem... Search the online doc.

Eric N.

catiav5@softhome.net

I'm working in V5 R10 sp4 am trying to create point and line references from another part within a product within a top level product.
I have found a work around which consists of placing the items I want to create external references of in a selection, copying the selection then pasting into the correct open_body.

if there are any other ways to do this I would be very greatfull to hear about them

thanks greg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back