Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extraction path in NX9.0.3.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

carliro

Mechanical
Oct 8, 2012
PL
Good afternoon,

I have a special behavior or I dont know how to use it and all about is about Sequencing/Extraction Path. I have followed the movies that John Baker made and they are accesible on Youtube but it doesnt work for me. I have 4 components and I wish to have of of them extracted to different position. I define it in Sequencing using extraction path but the model I try to move goes through the othere without any checking of the collision.

Please suggest :)
Thanks
C.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello Chris,

yes I checked as you proposed but it didnt help. BUt I also realized that all my components were on ENTIRE PART ref sets. and that probably was the main issue. Together with Ref set change I have opened fully the components (exact) and it worked. So thanks for that hint.

2nd question
Is it possible to make extraction path when the components are touching each other? I realized that I need some small gap but maybe it is possible from zero gap?

thanks
C.

Yes, the extraction path shouldn't care that Components are touching.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Ok Guys, thank you for your help wirh extr path that functionality started working and I got the extraction path but do you have any materials or could you share how works that centroid limitations? Is it limiting the center of mass? I thougth it was the boudary that component cant break diuring calculating the path but it seems different.

Thanks again
Karol

The Centroid Limitation it allow you to open-up the direction that you would prefer that that extraction takes, like limiting the removal of something from inside the engine compartment to the up direction which would therefore show whether the item can be removed without having to put the car on a lift and removing it from below.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back