Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extrude Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jptooldie

Automotive
Apr 14, 2010
CA
Hi

Having a problem with "extrude". Attached is the part that has the problem

What happened: after I edit/trim/delete some of the curves that used to extrude the base body the underlying features became no longer attached to it. I tried different approaches. If every time change just a little bit it went fine. But if change too much at one time it failed. Why? And it's not supposed to be like this - I believe.

NX2 surely did n't have this problem.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

here is the original part. what i was trying to do was to modify the defining basic curves of the first "extrude". i changed everything at once. it became the first one that i uploaded - all the underlying features are lost to the base body. The funny thing is then I changed strategy - just change the curves partially at one time it went fine.

is there a reason why?

and if this happened (it does happen a lot in NX6 if the underlying curves are "complex" but never did it happen in NX2) how do I reattach those features back to the base body - it takes long time to do it again.

thanks

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=86174f8d-213a-4636-ae51-d5023b2b5d76&file=part_gutting_orinal.prt
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back