Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extruded cut into radiused hopper bottom??

Status
Not open for further replies.

prooney

Mechanical
Apr 19, 2006
US
I have a sanitary weld fitting that is a certain distance from the bottom of a radiused hopper and I'm trying to extrude cut my pipe for the fitting into the bottom of the hopper. Everytime I try to it comes up with an error saying it needs a surface or that it can't find an end to the feature.

I've upload my file hopefully someone can help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try this. see attached assy.
I assume you are trying to extrude the sketch in the 2in weld ferrule up to the hopper outer surface.
It makes it a little more difficult since the weld ferrule has links to another assembly. I basically created a sketch on the end face on the hopper and extruded a surface matching the hopper bottom face. Extrude the sketch in the ferrule past the hopper surface and trim with the surface.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=ad34ec1d-2965-4287-90ca-cc6fcce3db24&file=hopper-asm-fixed.zip
MCAD,

Yes, I'm trying to extrude the sketch as a thin wall feature in the 2in weld ferrule up to the hopper, preferably to the inside surface of the hopper.

Thanks for the insight it's much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back