Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

extrusion and cutout relationship problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

svink

Chemical
Nov 6, 2012
CA
Hello,

I have an extruded cylinder, which at the end, has an extruded loft, which at the end of that, has another extruded cylinder. There is a cut out loft that goes throughout cross-sections of this entire body.

Unfortunately, I'm having problems with defining relations properly. I would like to be able to alter the length of any of the extruded parts, while having all of them still connected and with the cutouts still intact accordingly.

However, when I adjust the length of (for example) the cylinder, I get a bunch of errors.
When I delete the loft extrusion, it seems to work fine though. But then the two cylinders are no longer connected by the loft.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

create a backup of your part. Then open in SE, right-click on the last feature and choose 'move to synchronous'.
adjust what you want with dimensions on the solid (you might have to lock some like the diameters dimensions).

In the traditional mode I would create a sketch with lines according to the lengts of your cylinders/lofts. Then I would create some planes using the "Plane normal to curve" function on these various lines you've sketched. On these planes you can then sketch all necessary cross sections for your lofts/cylinders. Then if you want to alter the lengths, after creating all features, you can simply go to the first sketch and change the lengths of the lines you've drawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back