Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extrusion Heat Treatment (DIN - EN Standarts !?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

seerix

Computer
Aug 23, 2009
TR
Hello everbody,

During my researchs, DIN and EN standarts making lots of trouble to me about heat treatment processes, and wasting my time.
They're so confusing because of their differences. According to DIN standarts heat treatment at 6063 F22, 6063 F25 and in EN standarts 6063 T6, 6063 T66 etc etc..

And also, 6005 alloy heat treatment in DIN standarts is different from 6063 DIN standarts. I mean they're not symbolises same process and hardness for every alloy. (Even if, 6005 F22 - 6063 F22). Last of all, for example what 22 tells us in F22?

In conclusion, is there any table or software (?) that's gonna help me with this problem. Maybe a website ?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You need to obtain DIN standards to understand the various terminology. DIN 1748 Part 1 is the now obsolete standard that explained the designations F22, F27, etc. It has now been replaced by DIN EN 755 Part 2, which uses a different nomenclature: T6, H112, etc. instead of the previous DIN-only system of Fxx. The following link has a brief description of the DIN 1748 nomenclature:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back